The goal of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity is not the simple accumulation of members. Our emphasis is on the quality and integrity of membership.
Membership is a solemn commitment. To this Fraternity, the maker of the commitment becomes synonymous with the commitment itself. Membership in Kappa Alpha Psi is a lifelong dedication to the ideas and lofty purposes of Kappa Alpha Psi, which considers for membership only those aspirants whose personal, social and academic qualifications are becoming of a Kappa Man.
Expectations concerning maturity and dedication are made upon new members and established members alike. We seek men who serve as positive, role models within our communities who can help accomplish the Goals and Objectives of the Fraternity as outlined in the Fraternity’s constitution:
- To unite college men of culture, patriotism, and honor, in a bond of fraternity.
- Encourage honorable Achievement in every field of human endeavor.
- To promote spiritual, social, intellectual, and moral welfare of its members.
- To assist in the aims and purposes of colleges and universities.
- To inspire service in the public interest.
There are over 100,000 men from all walks of life who hold membership in Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
Acceptable qualities of Kappa Alpha Psi members include:
- The disposition to live in close companionship with men of similar values.
- The wisdom to abide by the will of the majority without sacrificing individuality.
- The discretion to refrain from destructive criticism while seeking to remove the causes of such criticism.
- The acceptance of responsibility for any effort that moves the group forward.
- The desire to strive for, and ultimately achieve, excellence in everything you do.
- The commitment to train for leadership.
- The resolution to give lifelong financial support and commitment to the maintenance and development of the Fraternity’s programs and purposes.
Some of the well known Kappamen are: Astronaut Bernard Harris; Attorney Johnnie L. Cochran, Jr.; NFL Football Athlete Colin Kaepernick; NBA Basketball Player Wilt Chamberlain; Gospel Singer Smokie Norful; Civil Rights Leader Dr. Ralph Abernathy; Comedian Cedric the Entertainer; Film Director John Singleton; Comedian/Radio Personality Thomas “Nephew Tommy” Miles; and Founder of The Piney Woods School Laurence C. Jones to name a few.
If you are interested in learning more about membership requirements and the Membership Training Academy (MTA) Program, feel free to reach out to any member of our chapter’s executive or committee leadership:
- Polemarch: Polemarch@ccacnupes.org
- Vice Polemarch: VicePolemarch@ccacnupes.org
- Keeper of Records: KeeperofRecords@ccacnupes.org
- Keeper of Exchequer: KOE@ccacnupes.org