Conceived in 1922 by Leon W. Stewart, Guide Right became Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated’s national service program. Guide Right encompasses many of our youth oriented programs such as mentoring, college preparatory programs, and tutoring. However, the flagship initiative of the Guide Right Service Program is the Kappa Leadership Development League (Kappa League). The purposes of the Guide Right Service Program is to place the training experience and friendly interest of successful men at the disposal of youth needing inspiration and counsel regarding their choice of a life’s career, and to arouse the interest of the entire community in the problems of youth as they seek to realize lives of usefulness.
The Kappa League leadership and development program is designed to aid young men of high school age to grow and develop their leadership talents in every phase of human endeavor. Kappa League provides both challenging and rewarding experiences to enhance their lives. Since the fundamental purpose of Kappa Alpha Psi is ACHIEVEMENT, it is therefore the Fraternity’s primary purpose to help these young men achieve worthy goals for themselves, and make constructive contributions to their community when they assume leadership roles.
The basic objectives of the Kappa Leadership & Development League may be summarized as follows:
- To help youth, especially those of high school graduating classes, in their selection of courses leading to vocations compatible with their aptitudes and personalities.
- To assist students, while they are training, to begin employment pathways, and to progress successfully in their chosen fields.
- To assist parents in the handling of their children by providing resources and opportunities to address problems with those who know and are successful in their chosen vocations.
- To afford at-risk youths with a respite from the hardships of life, through sponsored enrichment activities, trips to ball games, zoological garden, museums, theater, and other varied ventures.
- To inform youth of the values of higher education, assistance available for continued pursuits, scholarship, loans, professional opportunities, and of current labor demands and the trends of the effect of these demands and the trends on the labor market.
The Conyers-Covington (GA) Alumni Chapter (CCAC) of Kappa Alpha Psi Inc. is committed to aiding in the development of youth in our local and surrounding communities. We see the Guide Right Kappa League program as an excellence vessel to empower our youth with not only the tools for success in any field of chosen endeavors but to be youth men of strong character as well. Our program also strives to awaken within each participant a burning desire to prepare, believe and achieve greatness in their own right.
It is the goal of our program to provide education and training that emphasizes:
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development
- Social Engagement
- Community Involvement
The CCAC Kappa League program year primarily aligns with the Rockdale and Newton counties school calendars with applications for new participants being accepted in the June/July time frame of each year. If you are interested in receiving open enrollment information when available, please click here to submit your request and provide required contact information.